Wanna get good fast? Maybe you want to be like Natalie Bangs.
Natalie is a rising star in Seattle lindy hop. She’s been dancing just over a year and a half, and has progressed faster than anyone I’ve seen. She’s charismatic, energetic, and she gets a lot of great opportunities.
I know I speak for everyone when I say, “I want to know her secret!”
Last week, I got the chance to find out. In my interview with Natalie, we discuss:
- How she got good fast (it’s probably not what you think)
- Building your “dance cake”
- Surviving a major dance injury
- What to do when your dancing plateaus
- How to find confidence (or at least look like it)
- Natalie’s biggest dance fear
Listen now! Press the arrow below to play.[audio:NatalieInterview.mp3]
Download this interview in mp3 format (right click):
Natalie Bangs Interview
Links from the Interview:
Put One Foot In Front of the Other
Savoy Swing Jam 2011 Jack & Jill Finals, part 1
Savoy Swing Jam 2011 Jack & Jill Finals, part 2
(Note: The 2010 SSJ newbie comp she won is not on Youtube.)
Photo by Tim Cheeney.